How often does BMI DC release redemption seats?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by amin02, Jul 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Can anyone tell me how often does BMI DC release seats for redemption? I'm flying from MAN to LYS and have been trying to book seats for the last 2 months. They never seem to have availability on the direct route, only indirect flights with partner airlines which i am not keen as i am travelling with kids.

2. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    It all depends on the route and the class of service. A popular route during a busy week is very well to end up having no seats available as the airline knows it could sell them for cash. In all honesty though it sounds like you are trying to get several award seats together on one single flight which is much easier said than done these days. With that said, they could open up at any time though.

3. Thank you for your advice Adam. I have spoken to DC and they have advised me that seat will be released but the person was unable to tell me. Will keep you posted if i ever get any seats!!!!

4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my experience the best time for seat selection from BMI is 9-12 months out, or inside of one week prior to desired departure date.