How often do they have 100% bonus on shared miles

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by michael21, Dec 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's pretty much it-how often do they offer the 100% bonus to share miles?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Purchased miles deals of one kind or another (sometimes targeted, sometimes less lucrative)? A majority of the time. Wouldn't be hard to go back and check but I'm in the middle of a big work project on a Sunday (so why am I on Milepoint? ::cough::) But my sense is about 75% of the time.

Shared miles bonuses -- which are much better deals -- are more rare. Not more than once a year I think.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I would love a shared miles deal from US Air right now. I would love to book a trip in the distant future but really need a bump across our family accounts to make it happen in Envoy.

4. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yea, got in on it for the first time a couple months ago and kind of got addicted to the buying/transferring/watching the miles grow in a flash:)

I could go for another round also, but don't think we will see prices like those (I think it was 1.2 cents/mile) for a while now. But, you never know???

5. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    More to the point, it seems they are always selling miles while at the same time making it ever harder to redeem for premium long-haul travel. I have a stash and won't buy anymore.

While I feel badly that I will no longer be able to use my stash on Star Alliance, I'm hoping the new merged company will have the kind of availability that AA has!