How Much Should A Hotel Rollaway Bed Cost?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Generally speaking, hotels have a lot more suites with one bed than with two beds. In fact, many hotels don't have any suites with two beds. The reasoning is quite simple -- generally if you can afford to splurge on a suite, you're not looking to split a room with someone (of course there are exceptions, but that's the logic). I almost always travel alone, so I don't put much thought into bed arrangements. I'm weird because I don't actually necessarily prefer a king bed over two double beds, even when traveling alone. It's nice to be able to nap in one bed during the day, and then still have a nicely made up bed when you go to sleep at night. Or if you frequently decline housekeeping (as I do), then it means you get a "fresh" bed more often. But on my current trip with my dad I've run into an interesting situation I've never faced before. I've ordered rollaway beds at our hotels, and I've been fascinated by the variance in price. The post How Much Should A Hotel Rollaway Bed Cost? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...