How much lead time for a rebooked flight?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by BOS Boy, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BOS Boy

BOS Boy Active Member

Status Points:
    My wife and son were booked on the non-stop flight to LAX today at 4:50 PM. I get a phone call from AA at 8:00AM saying the flight has been cancelled and they now have are booked on the 10:30AM flight connecting through ORD. Fortunately, she was able to get herself rebooked on the non-stop UA flight at 5:50PM after calling the help desk.

How much of a lead time does AA have to give you when they cancel your flight and re-book you?

Usually my wife packs day-of for evening flights, but because my infant son was going with her she packed last night. I don't think it would have been possible to pack and drive to the airport during the morning rush hour traffic in time to even catch the flight, not to mention the fact that she would have had to re-arrange her entire work schedule for the day.

gemac likes this.
  2. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't know that there is a set amount of time. If they see a flight that they can get you on, they will book you on it and call you. If that doesn't work for you, you can say so, and they will try to put you on something else.

3. byroncheng
    Original Member

byroncheng Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is kind of odd that they rebooked to an earlier flight. I remember when i was in NY for that big storm, i got my cancel about 10 hrs in advance, booked for the next day. My friend got his 3 hrs in advance, booked for even later the next day. Called in and got them switched to a flight right between the two rebooked ones.