How Much Information Do You Volunteer On A Mistake Fare/Mileage Run?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 24, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I've been involved in this hobby for a bit over a decade now, and there's no denying that my approach to things is different now than when I was 15. When I was mileage running as a teenager I'd quite proudly proclaim I was on a mileage run to anyone that would listen. Because I thought it was sort of cool (after all who needs sex, drugs, and alcohol when you have mileage runs?!). Over the years I've mellowed out quite a bit, and generally don't proactively offer up details of my travels to airline employees. Don't get me wrong, I'll always be honest at immigration (most immigration officers nowadays are familiar with mileage runs, and don't bat an eyelash when you give that as the reason for your quick international trip). But aside from that I don't usually proactively offer up too much information. For example, if a flight attendant asks me how long I'm going to Beijing for: The post How Much Information Do You Volunteer On A Mistake Fare/Mileage Run? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...