How much ground coffee per cup does this hotel coffee maker use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by uggboy, Sep 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    How much ground coffee per cup does this hotel coffee maker use?:D

In Brief | Who hasn't thrown coffee into the hotel machine, gone for a shower and come back to a steaming pot of very slightly beige hot water? Oops. Not enough coffee. Misread the instructions. Should have put in the other packet as well.
    We're not afraid to admit that we've occasionally covered most of a hotel bathroom sink in coffee either. Overdone it on the grounds, hoping for a strong cup? Just slightly.

But how much should you put in once you've mopped up the mess and housekeeping have brought you more coffee?

[​IMG]

http://www.ausbt.com.au/how-much-ground-coffee-per-cup-does-this-hotel-coffee-maker-use

HiIslands likes this.
  2. RSSrsvp
    Original Member

RSSrsvp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Supposedly you are supposed to get 2 mugs of coffee out of one sealed packet which is why there is always two mugs left next to the coffee machine. I measure the water by filling up the actual mug twice and not simply pouring water into the carafe.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why can't we get a decent single cup brewers though? I never understood that... Senseo brewers are cheap, and even some Keurig machines are only $100 or so.

:(

:)

4. RSSrsvp
    Original Member

RSSrsvp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Probably because they think people would steal the K cups as opposed to these little pouches of ground coffee you typically find in a hotel room.

5. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a single-serve Keurig machine in my room at the Hyatt Regency SFO right now, model B130. The room is stocked with 8 k-cups... 4 regular and 4 decaf. "Emeril's Gourmet Coffee" brand... "Jazzed Up Decaf" and "Big Easy Bold."

Used one this morning and housekeeping replenished it.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had Nespresso machines in a few hotels (Conrad Brussels, GH Berlin, Park Hyatt Hamburg...). I liked them so much (compared to what the machine in the OP produces) that I bought one for home. Still have a regular coffee maker, of course, but when I just want a quick shot to wake me up, it's perfect. I'd think the makers of those single-serve machines could probably get quite a few new customers by sponsoring machines for hotels to let people experience the device.

(and oh, sure, I took the left over nespresso capsules from my last stay)

7. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    At Homewood Suites I put both packets of coffee in the machine at the same time. The coffee is not good, but at least this way the strength is passable.

My favorite hotel coffee is at the Conrad in Tokyo. They have coffee presses in each room, with packages of coffee that make a delightfully aromatic and robust brew.