How Much Does A Points + Cash Stay Cost Hyatt?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I find the financials of hotel loyalty programs to be fascinating. Even more so than airline loyalty programs, given that in almost all cases the hotel brand doesn't actually own the individual hotels, but rather just has a management contract for them. For example, when you have your Hyatt Diamond breakfast, who pays for it, and how much do they pay for it? Is it a fixed amount, or does it depend on how much you order? Do the servers still get tipped the full amount? Who pays for the Diamond welcome amenity (be it 1,000 points or a food & beverage amenity), and how much does it cost them? What about promotions -- who pays for those? And for confirmed suite upgrades, do the hotels get reimbursed anything for those, or is it just a "cost of doing business" with the hotel brand? Unfortunately I'm not really privy to most of the details, so I have no clue. But that doesn't stop me from wondering. ;) The post How Much Does A Points + Cash Stay Cost Hyatt? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...