How many total crew on 747 (SFO-LHR)?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Maximizer, Jul 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    We are treating ourselves to a Club World experience, and would like to bring something for the crew (a box of chocolates probably) to help everyone stay in a good mood :) Want everyone to have at least a couple of pieces, including the pilots, but have no idea how many people make up the whole crew. My guess it's somewhere around 15?

thanks!

FlyingFree and uggboy like this.
  2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it'll be something like 14 cabin crew and 3 flight crew. Is that close enough?

3. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a lovely thought and gesture, but I don't think that the entire crew could possibly consume something brought on by a pax, however well-meaning.

4. David
    Original Member

David Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't do this, I'd think I was causing a hastle rather than in any way helping.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    In these of increased sensitivity to security one wonders of there would be some rule govering the consumption (by the whole crew to boot) of a food item brought on board by a total stranger.

skyvan likes this.
  6. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've wondered that, too, but have decided that the crew will know the rules. I don't often give them presents, but one year when we were flying to DXB on Christmas Eve, I got a number of boxes of mince pies for them so that there was one for each crew member. But the CSD knew my intention was for them to enjoy them after they'd got off the flight.

newbluesea likes this.
  7. Chelsea Rose
    Original Member

Chelsea Rose Active Member

Status Points:
    Why not buy something from Duty Free and then "spontaneously" decide to buy a box of chocolates for the crew to share amongst themselves?

skyvan and oneluckybastard like this.
  8. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had the entire cabin crew share some candy I've brought on on domestic flights in the US. Most recently shared my non-pareils with the cabin crew in July.

The pilots did not partake, and there are regulations that do not allow the pilots to eat the same meals.

9. tornadoflyer

tornadoflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    You probably will find the pilots didn't even get to know about your kind gesture......especially on the 747 where they are deemed too remote for anything but "operational matters".......
    Make a point next time and you may get a visit from the nice guys with the stripes and responsibility on their shoulders!
    Different meals yes.... Goodies..... Well I am sure you have spotted them raiding the larder for some chocolate(candy) bars on more than one occasion!!