How many SkyMiles for award JNB-AMS-NBO-TNR-NBO-JNB?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by travelinmike33, May 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like Africa to Europe is the same cost in biz as intra-Africa (50k). Are there any rules I'm missing as to why the above itinerary wouldn't be 50k or would be invalid altogether? Not sure when or if I could actually do this, but looks tempting if I'm not wrong.

2. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see any way that prices as 100K (50K each way), since there's no way that AMS-NBO-TNR-NBO-JNB is a valid routing. I think the best you can do for 100K is JNB-AMS-CDG/NBO-TNR as an open jaw, since AMS-CDG-TNR(stop)-NBO-JNB would exceed the AMS-JNB MPM. Looks like you might be able to get a TNR-JNB seat on SA with 12.5K UA miles (in Y) to close the open jaw. What you've proposed will price at 200K, likely 100K for JNB-AMS-NBO-TNR and 100K for TNR-NBO-JNB since DL doesn't offer one-way award pricing at half of round-trip levels.

travelinmike33 likes this.
  3. MrHalliday
    Original Member

MrHalliday Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not really answering your question,
    but I did fly AMS-NBO-TNR-NBO-AMS
    a few years ago in F/J for 50K, very good value.

travelinmike33 likes this.
  4. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Forgot about MPM. The goal is TNR, but saw the chart and wondered about throwing in a free trip to Europe! Trip to Europe for 12.5K is still pretty tempting though...