How many new Posters?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by remo80222, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. remo80222
    Original Member

remo80222 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am curious how many people here are in the "long time lurker first time poster" category? I have followed FT for over 6 years and rarely posted. Seeing the look & feel, size, etc. of this site really exudes a sense of community and the fact the posters are really building something. So what do you think? IS everyone here experienced FT posters or do we have some new guys like myself?

kiwi, Gargoyle and travelingmore like this.
  2. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    For what it's worth, I can be classified as that as well....joined FT in 2005, but "only" 211 posts....

travelingmore likes this.
  3. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome - glad you signed on! In my few days here, I recognize a lot of names from FT including some power posters and wise counselors. And I see new sign-ons here, those describing themselves as you do. As for me, 2 and 1/2 years on FT with about 220 posts: willing to share but a relative newbie to this miles/points thing.

What I see different here is the tone of welcome and acceptance and encouragement - so post away, ask away, "like" away, and take Randy at his word that he welcomes input and comment as MilePoint is getting constructed.

Kaanapali likes this.
  4. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also fall in the category of "long time, almost first time" with regard to reading on FT and very occasionally posting. Most of that came from that as a real newbie back then (as opposed to a relative one now) I had a lot to learn - and learn/apply I did.

I second the tone/acceptance of this site. I am trusting that here one can ask questions without fear of being flamed, and try to contribute information without fear of same. I look forward to sharing the experiences I have accrued in traveling and learning more from reading the posts of others - in other words a true community.

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. True, this site has a warm welcoming feel to it. Randy's done a great job.:)

6. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been on FT for 1-2 years, but only had 231 posts, so don't think that count as an "old dog". :) I found this site yesterday and think I am already hooked... (oh noooooo... :)).

Xxx.

kiwi likes this.
  7. TexasT
    Original Member

TexasT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I lurked on FT for who knows how many years, but only joined the site a couple of years ago and posted just a few times. I am definitely part of the long-time FT lurker, first-time poster category and decided not to wait years before officially becoming part of this family.

I agree that Milepoint has a welcoming feel to it and recognizing many names from FT helps me know this site will continue to become a great one!

8. I like the site and it reflects not only new, but a great deal of Randy's Wisdom building web properties.

I wouldn't want to see this become another FlyerTalk in some ways. Hopefully people will be friendlier and more accountable for their posts in a more polite way. Shall see about moderation though; thats always a challenge :)

Gargoyle likes this.
  9. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think in the many years I followed FT, I only posted 50 something times. I'm already almost there in a week on MP. Maybe its the friendliness.

kiwi likes this.