How Many Miles Does It Take?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Last week I answered a reader question about collecting miles for a trip between the US and Southeast Asia. As part of that I included a chart giving a general "range" of the miles required by different mileage programs, and there were several requests for charts for other regions as well. So I thought I'd go through how many miles you need for first class or business class, the flexible points transfer partners, and will try to highlight some of the best redemptions as well. Probably the most common request for award help I receive is from people wanting to travel to Europe or Asia who have miles spread across multiple programs. Fortunately, many of the airline programs offer one-way awards, so if you can get by without a stopover, booking your trip as two one-ways can open up availability in different alliances, and make awards more approachable given you don't have to accrue quite as much of a particular currency. The post How Many Miles Does It Take? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...