How long will Chase hold my application (United 50K)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by RonF, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RonF
    Original Member

RonF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took the time to register for Mileage Plus and bought some items from their online mall in order to get the 50k offer. (If you don't know what I'm talking about here is a link on FT
    Code:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1147231-ua-credit-card-50-000-miles-bonus-6.html
    Once I received the 50K offer I applied. That was almost a month ago. I called and spoke to a rep and she informed me that she couldn't give me any information until a decision has been made on my application. When I all the 800 number to check on the status it always says, "you application has been received and you will be notified in 7-10 business days one a decision has been made." There are other cards I would like to get but I don't want to apply for another one until I have an answer on this one.

Anyone else been here?

2. bsaced
    Original Member

bsaced Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied to the Chase priority club and they said a decision would be made in 2 -4 weeks, it's been 3 and still no notice.

3. barelyelite
    Original Member

barelyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't have an answer for you, but I'm in the same boat... I applied several weeks ago, called up yesterday and got the same automated message.

4. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Surface Interval Silver Member

Status Points:
    To speed Chase apps along, speak to a credit analyst: 888-245-0625. Has helped me to get approval and move limits between cards on more than one occasion.

spagls and 2soonold like this.
  5. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely call in. Often you just need to shift limits to get approved.

6. Jaguar
    Original Member

Jaguar Silver Member

Status Points:
    It took about 10 days for my wife's application to get approved, but mine was an instant approval.

7. RonF
    Original Member

RonF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I guess posting was the trick because I got my rejection/acceptance today. I'm thankful for these forums because had I not known that no doesn't always mean no I would have given up. After receiving my rejection letter I called and spoke directly to them. They were concerned because I have 4 new cards in 3 months time (I pointed out the balances were paid in full every month) and why I had a home equity line of credit used (swimming pool). The rep was polite and said they would approve my application.

8. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    It took over a month and while I hadn't received any letter I assumed I was denied and I'd have to call and fight for it. About 5 weeks after applying I logged in to pay another Chase account. That's when I saw they closed my Continental visa without informing me and had approved a United 50K card. The credit limit moved with it.

I'm annoyed by the account closure for a card that got me random freebie 100 to 300 CO miles every now and then. Not irritated enough to complain though, I was going to cancel it in May when the annual fee came due.

9. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto on calling if you're not approved right away. That happened to me once- a phone call sorted out the credit limit issues (ended up having to close another card, but I was fine with that).

10. Worked for me too! I applied to both the CO and UA cards on Feb 1 - instantly approved for CO, received the UA rejection in the mail a few days ago. I called the number above, and after a few quick checks, approved me for the UA card (no shifting limits or anything). The only thing was that she said it might take up to a month for them to finalize the approval.