How long to wait for missing mileage before making an online claim..?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by scf, May 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. scf

scf Silver Member

Status Points:
    Most of the time, the miles show up within 2-4 days. However, on my last ORD-FRA-VIE-DME-LHR-ORD flight, the miles from the FRA-VIE and VIE-DME segments have yet to post. Its been about 4 weeks since the flight. What's interesting is that they've posted on my wife's account.

If it helps, the missing segments where on Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines. Surprisingly, the BMI miles posted within 48 hours.

So how long do you typically wait it out before making the claim?

2. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    4 weeks seems like plenty of time to make the claim. I'd assume they're not posting after 7-10 days...

scf likes this.
  3. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. scf

scf Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks Scott and gobluetwo. I'll wait a few more days then make the request...I called UA and the agent told me 6 months, which seemed long. However I don't want to be over-entitled and ask for too much so I wanted to check with the experts (c:

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do NOT wait 6 months!!

At this point I'd submit the claim. Then again, I just submitted a claim from a flight in January so maybe it is more of a "do as I say, not as I do" sort of situation. :oops:

Golfingboy, Scott Schmidt and scf like this.
  6. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unrelated : I was on af flight (originally united), rerouted on Delta.
    Delta miles posted to my flying blue account, however, someone told me I am entitiled to original rounting credit since its an invol reroute.

Still holds true on new United?

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes.

If you are pushed to a program that credits natively to MP then you aren't entitled to ORC per the rules.

8. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I don't see the mileage post within a week for same metal/2 weeks for partner metal, I send in a claim. What are they going to do, not give me the miles because I sent it in too early?

I flew Emirates once in mid-April and again in mid-May. Alaska hadn't posted the miles for the April segment after my flight in May, so I just sent in scans of both stubs after the May flight. They credited them within a day. Less headaches down the road ...

9. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried to submit a claim for TG flights (which have been atrocious in posting; 1 of 4) and was told I needed to wait 15 days from the flight. When I said it has been 15 days and X hours local time she said 'but the computer says it's still less than 15 days so it won't accept the request.'

Anyway, now that I've gotten that off my hoof....

I recommend you babysit your account, not merely keep an eye on it. Continental is not going to do you any favors so it's up to you to be proactive. Good luck with getting credit for your missing mileage.

10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The good news is that miles have recently been posting after 3-4 days, the bad news that there still are cases like the OP's, which may be related to the post-computer merger hangovers.