How long to see international award ticket changes on partner airline site (Asiana)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by iolaire, Mar 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have an award on Asiana booked using CO miles, WAS – HKT. Last night I had to have the route fixed becase Asiana moved the ORD – ICN flight to be every other day. So I’m now on a flight out of LAX (I was on that when I booked on Chirstmass Day but changed it to ORD in January).

When I go to Asiana website to make my seat selection using my eticket number I now only see my ICN – HKT segement. The ORD – ICN segmetn is now gone, but the LAX – ICN segemetn is not visable! Of course I’ve invested a lot of time on this First Class iternareary, so I want to insure that everything is in order. Per the UA site it looks good, but I still want to see it on the Asiana site and select my seats.

How long should should it take for international ticket changes on UA to show up in the parterner airline’s (Asiana) computer system?

2. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    It should be immediate.

If the ticket has been reissued, and OZ doesn't see it, I would call OZ to make sure everything is in order.

CO's systems have historically had interconnection problems, and I've personally experienced dropped or duplicated segments on OALs that may or may not report back to SHARES. Those can cause problems. For example, if OZ reprotected you on another flight that did not show up in SHARES, and UA goes and books you on some alternative (LAX-ICN in this case), OZ may see that as a dupe segment on their end and their logic may whack the flight out of your record.

I would call OZ immediately, and if they can't confirm all is in order, call back UA and hope to get someone to resolve it.

iolaire likes this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, called Asiana and they told me I was wait listed for the flight and refused to provide any information on how long it would take to clear the waitlist.

Then called UA, after my 34 minutes on hold luckily an international agent picked up and immediately called Asiana for 15 more minutes, the agent told me I should have seats by tomorrow. There was some sort of mix-up where the space was available then they sold two revenue tickets so the availability was not there for me… I’ll wait and see.

4. xopping

xopping Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hate Asiana. Bad experience with a UA mile ticket booking including a segment with OZ. their customer service was not nic to me.

iolaire likes this.
  5. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oz has some of the worst IT out there. It is no surprise they have problems. I had to have the ua elite line phone OZ walk them through finding my ticket.

desamo and iolaire like this.
  6. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    After three days of calling UA each night to check on the and each UA agent calling Asiana to try to fix it they alloweded me to book a different route and carrier with no change in cost/fees/tax. We are now on UA to MUC, LH to FCO, then Thai onwards. I'm a bit bumbed to miss OZ, but VERY happy I was able to find a working route and made the switch to a slightly shorter route and only has one 1:30 flight in business class. I also think they saved me a few dollars or more by not repricing the tax.

xopping likes this.
  7. CGK
    Original Member

CGK Gold Member

Status Points:
    They saved you quite a bit bit of taxes (more than $100) if you are now connecting in Germany and Italy.

iolaire likes this.
  8. xopping

xopping Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the same situation. I called UA 3 times. 5 hours on the phone. UA rebooked me on their own flights. OZ's system sucks and I do not feel their agent(OZ) on phone service are good either.

iolaire and Flyer1976 like this.