how long to review credit card application form

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Sil747, May 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Sil747

Sil747 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was not able to find the answer doing a google search so hopefully someone can help me here.
    I applied for the Chase Biz card and received the pending review and I will know within 2 weeks. Yesterday, when I called the automatic status number, I received the message, reviewing and will be notified in writing within 2 weeks.

Does it take several minutes, hours or days to review an application form? Is it only one analyst reviewing this?

Eagerly waiting for a result soon and hopefully a good one

2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best way to find out is to call Chase directly. Search for Chase business card application status phone numbers.

3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would call them, if it bothers you. Don't think it will hurt, and could help...

Chase loves to say yes, and can even move some CL to make it happen.

Bankers have a mentality to control and help, cause they get paid to say yes....

4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call this number: 800-453-9719

5. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Call the number above, say you are calling to help speed up the review process by giving any additional information needed to process your application, you will be put on hold while the analyst looks at your application and gives the decision in less than 5 minutes. From my experience and of those around me, they have become a little stingy; they check the spending patterns on your existing Chase cards, and if they suspect that you are using them for manufactured spending, they deny a new card. Also, if you already have a biz card, they grill you for the need to acquire another one. If you say that you have two businesses, like a consulting one and an ebay account, they grill you for the revenue from each last year, this year and projected for the next year and other such information. It may not happen in every case, but they have become pro-active lately in not distributing new cards like candy. The experience of other members may vary, but one must be ready for the situation, should one get an agent who wants to give you a hard time. One thing is for sure; don't argue with the agent; if he denies it, hang up and call again the next day and ask to talk to a supervisor and plead your case. Arguing with these guys never helps. You have to get them on your side to get a favorable result.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  6. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if you have multiple Chase cards, offer to have them shift your credit line from other cards so that you are not asking for additional credit. Just did this with the Ritz card and it was immediately approved - that's all they wanted to hear. That said, not sure how this works with Business cards but it's never failed for me. Good luck.

7. Miles
    Original Member

Miles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've called 5 minutes after submitting the online application and been approved.

8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We have a Chase Business Checking Account, show them the live, and they can tell if the spending is MS.

If you make $300 an hour your employer deposits 7,000 every other week, and you charge about 7,000 to 10k a month,

Does not take a smart person to read between the lines, if you are spending 20k personal you are MS, they have your income, and you are in the top 3%.