How long to receive e-voucher?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Pizzaman, Sep 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's been a long time since I've had a cancelled ticket that I needed to reuse where the value of the new ticket left enough to get a voucher.

I got my first chance to try the new system to exchange for a new ticket and the agent that helped me on the phone told me I would get an email immediately after ticketing with the voucher.

That was two days ago. I called today since I hadn't received it and the agent I spoke to today says it takes up to 3 weeks.

I asked @Garp74 and he said he receives his instantly.

Wondering if that's a function of his GS status or if there's something broken with mine and I need to call again.

Any recent experiences?

uggboy and Garp74 like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call back and tell them you need it now. There's a way they can do it instantly IME. And I've never had any success with the "eventually" timing regardless of the number they promise or the delivery method.

uggboy, Garp74 and Pizzaman like this.
  3. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME, I always ask for the pin number at the time and have always received it over the phone. I've never received one which was claimed to be sent via surface mail and used to receive the emailed ones consistently within hours of the change but now i leave nothing to chance and ask for it while speaking with the agent

uggboy and Garp74 like this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I thought the pins went bye-bye

uggboy likes this.
  5. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry...meant certificate #

uggboy likes this.