How long to hear back from Customer Care

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by hulagrrl210, Nov 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wrote to them (snail mail) over 2 months ago and still haven't had any response? I was wondering what others' experiences were. Is this normal? I am Premier Platinum (Gold at the time of the complaint) Time to follow up yet?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Though I never snail mailed UA, waiting 2 months for any company to reply is a joke IMHO.

JFYI, I wrote UA (through their online form) just the other week about an error regarding award fees and they replied back in <12 hours, which was a shock for me. And the reply did acknowledge their error and <24 hours later there was credit on my CC account from them. I do appreciate their prompt action this time around.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  3. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    I too have gotten very slow response from mailed complaints (months), a little faster response from emailed concerns (2 weeks) but the very fastest response from calling customer care. (Sounds as if I complain a lot but this is my experience over the past few years and I realize that things have changed.)

I would call them, tell them you got no response to a written concern and see what happens.

Good luck!

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lately UA has replied to my comments/compliments with a turnaround time of less than 24 hours! :-:

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    They were absolutely ignoring all correspondence for the first few months after the 3/3 disaster (IME). I had several very serious issues that never were answered. Recently, however, they seem to be focused on responding promptly, although the resolution itself may take a while.

I don't complain a lot, but for a while after the merger they were just so bad that I had to in order to keep from feeling like a door mat. It still irritates me to think about the amount of inconvenience they caused me without the courtesy of a reply. Late I would have understood, but never? Have they no pride?

hulagrrl210 and HiIslands like this.
  6. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice to hear that. I am a 1P and have an issue or two to write about. Did you use the online form? Isnt 1K/1Pvoice no longer active? Thanks and Safe Travels

7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used the online feedback form and was pleased with the quicker turnaround times lately.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

8. sfogate
    Original Member

sfogate Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your best way to communicate is with email on the website. Sometimes a response might take awhile if they need to contact an employee for insight or further information.

Flyer1976 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  9. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I followed up via the online form last week and still no response...

10. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a thought, but it might be the way you're complaining.

2 weeks ago I sent a note via the 1k voice email and received a response within 4 hours. My issue was clearly identifiable (wasn't abstract or overarching, they could clearly trace it back to a singular incident), clearly a service snafu, and I was very succinct in what relaying what happened, how it impacted me, and what I expected as a resolution.

I rarely reach out to UA so I tend to think they "jump a little higher" when I do send them a note.

Not saying you're not doing any of that, just trying to provide some helpful feedback.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  11. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well they need to recoup some of their losses from your Black Cloudiness at some point. ;)

12. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still waiting...

13. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check your MP Inbox.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint