How long have you spent on hold with US Airways?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DebraI, Apr 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    After two failed attempts at trying to make changes to award flights on hold early this morning, I made a third call to try one more time to change the routing to get my husband and into business class together (right now he's in coach for one of the legs). Granted, it's a Sunday. But I've been on hold waiting for a representative for nearly three hours now. Is this normal? I'm afraid to hang up and call back later because the reservations we do have expire tonight.

2. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very strange. I've had never been on hold as a silver->chairmain for more than a few minutes. Staffing call centers and Airport check-ins are a strength for US. I've had huge issues with UA as a general member, but never really had an issue with US. knock on wood.

3. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The US Airways forum might be a bad place to ask this, since I have a feeling most of us are Preferred. I've never waited more than a minute after getting through the phone tree and rarely wait more than a few seconds.

When my mother sometimes calls herself, it seems like she has to wait at least 15 minutes and quite often 30 minutes or more. I've offered to call and do stuff for her many times, but she wants to do it herself... :-/

I hope you just stayed on the line. Weather issues yesterday probably increased hold times dramatically.

viguera likes this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd guess the weather issues yesterday and the fact that it was Sunday might have played a part.

I've never had to wait more than a few minutes to change an award -- or overall, as far as I can recall.

5. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here. I think I have waited 15 minutes before....but now as preferred, it's more like 1-5 minute waits. 3 hours....I don't think my battery would last that long.. :)

6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just booked a US to Europe Lufthansa award ticket for my wife and I, with a stopover--total call time according to my phone: 6min 58secs. So at the moment, I'm quite please with the call times at US Airways :)

7. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not preferred and wait time was minimal on a Monday night. I ended up with a rep in the Arizona call center (he was quite chatty) longest time was confirming the SAA ticket - total call with me having all flight info ready about 15mins