How long for miles from Hertz to post?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Max M, Sep 25, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a recent rental from Hertz, and in the fine print of the promo, it stated that actual miles from the rental would post within 2 days of the rental, and the promo bonus would post within 5 days. Those time frames have passed, and the miles from Hertz have not yet posted.

For those that have recently rented from Hertz and chose MileagePlus miles as the reward option, how long did it take for the miles to post to your MileagePlus account?

Thanks!

GoldenFlyer likes this.
  2. GoldenFlyer

GoldenFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you rent directly from Hertz or you used a voucher from another supplier? If it is your case you will never receive the miles.

BossWass, MoufidaLAA and ProfEssaied like this.
  3. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine have posted as you state; about 2 days for base miles, about a week for the bonus.

Max M likes this.
  4. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I rented directly from Hertz.

I always book directly with the rental car company to assure that I get frequent flyer miles.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  5. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    To answer my own question:

Just checked my MileagePlus account today, and the base miles just posted today--- this was after checking my MP account on a daily basis since 24 hours after the car was returned.

In all it took 8 days for the base miles to post; I imagine that the bonus miles should post within ~2 days.

I'll provide an update in this thread when I see the bonus miles from Hertz post.

6. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing this with me. :)

7. Tor Viking
    Original Member

Tor Viking Silver Member

Status Points:
    Working for Hertz in Norway I'm testing it out.
    Making a reservation direct, it took around 5 days before I got 500 miles. One week after that I got the 1K bonus.
    Making a reservation through UA, I got the 500 miles after 4 days and over 1 week for the bonus.
    Looks like it takes time for us on the other side of the pond ;)