How long for Delta elite status to filter to AS.com bookings?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by ballardFlyer, Jan 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I comped my dad some Delta Medallion status late last week so he and my mom can travel in more comfort. It shows fine on Delta.com, but not on his AS tickets coming up.

Anyone have a metric for how how long it takes for Delta elite status to filter to AS.com bookings?

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    It likely won't. Call Alaska and have them remove/reapply the number.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

skyvan and marcwint55 like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Once they have removed and reapplied the number, you will be able to select preferred seating in case the upgrade does not clear. If you are comping them silver, they will not be upgraded.

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do DL Silver get anything on any non-SkyTeam partners?

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    On Alaska you get one free bag per flight, but no upgrades. The miles do count towards medallion qualifying miles and lifetime flight miles. I am not sure about the others, although the Delta web site should have the info on them.

6. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I me
    Better than a punch in the gut, but just barely.

marcwint55 likes this.
  7. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm confused. You want better? Fly Delta as a Delta elite.

8. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    They also just left out Silvers from any benefits in their partnership with G3. Seems like they just wish they could get rid of that tier. As a PM, and soon to be GM, I'm very happy with the DL benefits I receive both on DL and when flying AS, in fact I almost feel as though AS treats me better.

9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    You seem to think that it's incumbent on Delta to include FO's. In fact, it's likely the partner airline that sets requirements, and the low-tier flier isn't someone they're likely to target over their own demographic. It's also a part of the "conversion" process for many smaller airlines that have a two or three-tier system vs. Delta with a four-tier system. Something has to give, and it's not likely that things shift "up" on that scale - down is more realistic.

AS is an odd duck. They partner with lots of folks, primarily because they want to stay independent - and they offer benefits so people fill seats on their metal vs. using partners, who often overlap routes or have similar connections.