How long for AI flights to post?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Feb 24, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering if anyone has experience with AI (Air India) flights posting to UA?

I booked a J ticket and flew last week (5 days ago). Flights haven't posted yet but I suspect that's normal.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    From my experience - if my UA number actually showed in my BP's, then the flights posted in 1 to 2 days.
    If the UA number was not on my BP's...then i had to submit flight data to UA (2 weeks after date of flight); then it was quite easy to get credit.

3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's what I was afraid of. I think I fell victim to the same computer bug that several other *A airlines have had in the past. My UA MP number starts with "UA". So on my BP it showed "FF UA nnnnnn" which I think translates to Frequent Flyer United Airlines nnnnnn whereas it should have said "FF UA UAnnnnnn". I asked at the check-in counter as well as the boarding gate and they both told me it was not a problem.

I expect a hassle having to deal with United to get credit from AI who is a rather horribly run airline based on my experience.

-Rob

4. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dont worry about it. Just wait two weeks. If the flights have not posted, use the UA.com "missing miles" page (partner airlines) and it should automatically appear. Make sure you have ticket number, PNR, seat # info

Flying Machine likes this.
  5. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Online Version to request Mileage Credit is good for entry. However, watch it closely and dont forget. Sometime it may not post, then a call to the MPSC will normally be the trick to make it happen. I had an issue with Avianca last year that took about 30 days to resolve and UA threw in the towel and said "we know you took the flights, and in an eligible class, just cant figure out why they will not post" rep then said dont worry, we will post them for you.. (and we will have to pay for those miles as well) It was an odd case.. However MPSC folks are nice and work with you.. Keep us posted and hope all works out (Save your BP's and ETicket as well) Safe Travels

Garp74 likes this.
  6. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies. It's now 9 days since the flights and they haven't posted and I'm positive it's because my FF# isn't registering correctly with AI's systems. No worries. I'll wait until next weekend and submit a mileage request via the website for partner mileage. Normally I just call the service center but will try the online form first as this is the first partner flight that hasn't posted for me in years.

Thanks,
    Rob

7. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Tomorrow is the 15 day mandatory waiting period. Will submit a request online when I get back to Seattle and hopefully it gets processed without lots of back & forth. I've heard nightmares about trying to get credit through UA when it doesn't post from partners. Hopefully this is an easy fix.

Thanks,
    Rob

8. COFreqFlyer
    Original Member

COFreqFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had same issue with a UA codeshare on Air Dolomiti BRI-MUC, had to wait the 15 day period then submit the online form... took about 30 days to finally credit.

9. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    My flights credited 3 days after I submitted them via the form.

-Rob

10. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    very good!