how long does it take for AA to issue the ticket ?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by dogcrazy, Jun 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dogcrazy
    Original Member

dogcrazy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I purchased the AA ticket this morning, but the status is still showing as "PURCHASE"
    after 6 hours.

How long will it take before AA actually issuing the ticket ?

2. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It usually takes an hour or two, though there were a couple occasions that it took them a good 24 hours to ticket. I think it also depends on whether there were multiple carriers involved on the ticket.

3. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're that concerned, just call and ask the agent to manually push thru the ticketing. If there is a problem such as a credit card decline, you will have a week to remedy the problem.

4. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Usually within a couple of hours, sometimes up to 24 hours.
    Speed bumps along the way may be if other carriers are involved, if you're departing from an airport (say, MAN or LHR) that requires additional taxes for cleared upgrades and these need to be collected, credit card problems, etc.

5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    It takes a 2-4 hours usually to ticket a purchased reservation, longer (~ 24 hours) to ticket an award. I long for instant ticketing, though there are tradeoffs with that as well.

globalexplorer likes this.
  6. globalexplorer

globalexplorer Silver Member

Status Points:
    i think minimum of 2 hours. problem with this is that one cannot book an award ticket over the phone less than 2 hours prior to departure. (really only useful in IRROPs on other airlines and there happens to be a ticket available on AA or in cases when last minute award availability opens up on your preferred flights). Though I have bought an AA revenue ticket over the phone at like 70 min prior to departure when a UA flight canceled and I had to be at a destination...so it can be done!