How long do CC offers usually last?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Gacspeech, May 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gacspeech

Gacspeech Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie and I'm just beginning to get interested in the "game." I currently only have the CapOne Venture card (I got it before I found out about the idea of cash back versus miles). So, I'd like to pick up some other credit cards once my 91 days is up. So... Here's my question, IN GENERAL for those of you that have been around for a while, once a bank (Chase, Amex, Barclays, Citibank, etc) puts out a new offer for a new credit card with points, now long does the offer last before the points change or disappear?

I am wondering because I really want to pick up the Chase Sapphire Preferred and a Amex Starwood Guest cards, but I have a targeted offer from Chase Southwest for 50k miles (which I now isn't available anymore on the Internet) AND I just saw a new offer for a Chase British Airways 50k miles offer (which from Boston, I can use for Aer Lingus awards and avoid the huge fuel surcharges into Heathrow, by flying into Ireland first). Obviously I can't get all three offers from Chase at the same time, so I'll have to spread them out over several 91 day periods.

But, I'm afraid one of those deals will disappear in the meantime. If the BA Visa offer just came out this week, do you think it will last until , say, October or December of this year?

Thanks for your response to this rather lengthy question?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some offers only last for days. Others for weeks or months. For targeted offers it is a bit harder to predict but for the public ones there is usually a bit of advance warning since the affiliate marketers are often warned a bit before te links are pulled and they usually share that info.

Betting on something today still being available in December seems a bit of a stretch to me, but it could disappear and come back, too.

3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen offers last hours. I have also seen them last 2 + years. And as Wandering Aramean noted, offers do disappear and reappear. So, if you're patient you can find a good offer on almost any card..........

Wandering Aramean likes this.