How is Sheraton Miyako Hotel in Tokyo?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by freebird, Sep 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    We are going to stay at Sheraton Miyako Hotel in Tokyo for three nights. Since We'll be in Korea for 2 weeks (The Westin Chosun), why not take a short airplane ride to Tokyo, Japan and visit my friends from college and hangout. We both speak Korean, and my wife is fluent in Japanese, so no language stress to deal with

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. CMX

CMX Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's nice. About a 10 minute walk from the subway up (or down) a hill. In a quiet, nice area not very close to the action. Had a very nice room as a platinum booking the same day for a two-night stay.

Sperry8 likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it's in an awkward location which I think is more than a ten minute walk to the subway, although IIRC the hotel offers shuttle service at infrequent intervals. It also seems like a longer trip than many other Tokyo hotels from NRT and HND on the airport limobus.

The Tokyo Westin is lovely, but not centrally located either, although it seems to have more stuff nearby (including a connected major subway station) and is in a nice residential neighborhood. It's more expensive overall.

Sperry8 likes this.
  4. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm disappointed to hear that it is not conveniently located for travelers. Okay, I can deal with 10 minutes of walking to the metro station. I remember staying in Sheraton property in Rome, Italy; the location was 30 minutes away from the city and had to take the shuttle service, which was free. We had to plan our sightseeing around the shuttle service schedule. I promise not to return to the property.

5. abraxis

abraxis Active Member

Status Points:
    Shirokanedai Station on the Namboku and Mita lines is a leisurely 10 minute walk up a small hill from the hotel. Shirokanedai itself is a nice neighborhood and the street the station is on has lots of neighborhood-y shops. There's a gym, two grocery stores, a used book shop and some small restaurants. It's not Shinjuku by any means but feels more like an quiet enclave. The hotel is part of the Miyako group so it's a reflagged Japanese hotel that had a early 60's design vibe in the lobby. And if you need it, there's a shuttle that runs to JR Meguro throughout the day. It's not in the middle of the action but it's not priced like it either. It's just nice.

6. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the detailed description of the neighborhood. I'm less worried about the location after reading the previous post.

7. Sperry8

Sperry8 Active Member

Status Points:
    It is def more than a 10 min walk. Those who made it in 10 were running. Service is excellent at the property - but the shuttle runs infrequently. It is right on time however. Not much to do in the area - although my absolute favorite sushi spot in all of Japan is nearby. It's ok to stay especially if you want to get points or are getting it free - but it's not in the best area.

8. CMX

CMX Silver Member

Status Points:
    Surprising I only remember it being a ten-minute walk considering how hot it was when I was there. I must have enjoyed it and not noticed. How about it's a "doable" walk.