How important is middle name on FF account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by gaijin62, Nov 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. gaijin62

gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I apologize if this is in the wrong area. I have googled around and have not found an answer to my question anywhere.

I have an upcoming trip to the U.S. and would like to put the miles on Aegean Miles and Bonus, but as I look at the website's enrollment form I notice there is no field for a person's middle name.

Since regulations in America seem to require your ticketed name to exactly match the name on your passport or photo ID, I would like to know if that also carries over to the frequent flyer account associated with the reservation as well.

Is there a work around for adding a middle name (if required) to Aegean account?

Newscience likes this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I match my travel accounts with my first name and last name (surname) on my passport. I've never had an issue or question about a middle name even when traveling internationally (yet, doh!).

traveltoomuch likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't worry about it for the FF#. Put it on the reservation, of course, but don't worry about the FF account.

Newscience likes this.
  4. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    U could try to enter both names in the blank for first/ Christian name.

Newscience likes this.
  5. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd recommend entering your first and middle names in the first name slot, just put a space between them. That's the way it works on my BA & VS accounts (SPG, too).

Newscience likes this.
  6. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience matches MSYgirl's. I usually issue tickets with no middle name, and my FF accounts have no middle name showing. Everything has worked (so far).

Newscience likes this.
  7. gaijin62

gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you everyone.

8. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    My employer's travel agency does just that - first and middle names in the first name slot for airline reservations. Somehow, it all seems to work out just fine. And if on overseas travel, your first and middle name are also spelled out in your passport.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  9. I am here now!

I am here now! Active Member

Status Points:
    I tried entering my son's first name and middle name. When I got the e-ticket the last two characters were missing. I think/guess it was because there were too many characters entered for what would normally be a first name. Anyway, we didn't have any problem whatsoever and we flew Asia-Europe-North American.

10. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've only seen issues when dealing with points / miles conversions or transfers, as some programs are picky and require that the names match exactly.

gaijin62 and LETTERBOY like this.