How full are the cheap European airlines in the fall?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by disambiguous1, May 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. disambiguous1

disambiguous1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I finally have my leave date nailed down for my August to October trip to Europe. I'm planning on taking trains when I can, but there will be times when I will have to fly. Also, I don't exactly know when I will be returning, or from where.

If I want to wait until the last minute to arrange airline reservations on RyanAir, FlyBe, or EasyJet, how full do those get in September and October? I understand I'll probably be paying a bit of a premium the closer to the departure date, but I'm not too concerned about that, I just want to make sure that something will be available.

I've never flown any of those cheapies before, so any advice regarding what to be aware of would be appreciated. Note that I already have my packing scheme down to avoid checked baggage fees and etc.-- all my luggage will come to less than 7 kilos.

I plan to end up in Malta sometime around October 14, then see what U.S.-bound flight is available from which major hub using either UA points or Icelandic, then fly to that airport from Malta and head back home. I've never really tried anything like this before, how crazy does it sound to the more experienced denizens of Milepoint?

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    from my experience, you should be fine. Flights are usually run multiple times a day and aren't full... but like you mentioned you will be paying a premium.

Also since you don't have a timetable for things and sound like you're flexible you should be okay.

Newscience and uggboy like this.