How early to leave for Sun. early AM transborder flight from ORD?

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by tcook052, Oct 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I drained the last of my Air Canada Aeroplan points months ago the only choice in times on Sun., 14 Oct. was 07:49 so grudgingly took it though would've much rather caught something later in the day. It's a nonstop ORD-YYC Air Canada flight and I'm staying at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park so was curious as to how early I'd have to leave to ride the MTA out to ORD.

I wouldn't expect a Sun. monring to be that busy but thought I'd ask the forum experts so I can maximize my time and not arrive at ORD too early to too late. :)

ACMM likes this.
  2. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't you mean "maximize my time sleep"? :)

ACMM likes this.
  3. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maximize both, yes, as I'm likely to be out on the town the night prior.

4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Blue line runs every 15 min on Sunday until 6:30 am and it will take about 40ish minutes to get to O'Hare (16 stops), give another 15 minutes to get to Terminal 2, for a total of 1hr (google map says 1h4min leaving your hotel at 5:47). I would take the 6am train to get there around 6:55-7am.

If you took the 6:15 train, you would have only 30 min to clear TSA, which seems feasible but would be really close for comfort!

United Club is near gate F3 if you have access.

5. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sadly no but thanks for the input. I'll probably take the 5:30 or 5:45 AM that should put me out at ORD comfortably early.