How does United Club Card with premium access work?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TimeArrow, Jan 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TimeArrow

TimeArrow Active Member

Status Points:
    Is this benefit /only/ tied to your mileag plus number? Every time the mileageplus number is quoted with the ticket that is however purchased, then the premium access is automatically included. Is this true?

If this is true, one question is raised: if an award travel is ticked using miles from the 3rd person's account for the cardmember, after ticketing, the cardmember's MP number is added to the ticket.
    In this case, will the premium access benefit apply?

Does anyone have first hand experience?

Thanks a ton in advance.

2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm pretty sure only Premier status transfers with miles from your account. If you're a 1K or whatever, that would transfer, but I don't think the card status does at all.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally speaking the status on an award comes from the account the miles were redeemed from. Changing the FF# of the passenger can alter that setup but does not necessarily do so.

If you're looking for priority boarding or such just showing the card at the counter should cover you. If you're looking for upgrades then don't bet on it.

4. TimeArrow

TimeArrow Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Actually I am just looking for priority check in and priority security screening. Can I just show my Club Card to enjoy these benefit even if my boarding pass shows no word of 'premier access'? Will those staff at the Unied counter or the security line have any problems ?

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the check-in counter it shouldn't be a problem. At the security line you may have trouble depending on the rules of that particular airport and what the agents guarding the line are looking for to permit access.

TimeArrow likes this.