How Does AMX Open Savings Work?

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by mapenn, Feb 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was reading about AMX's Open Savings program on their website. But I'm confused about how exactly it works. Do my AMX Hilton or Delta cards work with this program? Or do you have to get a different AMX credit card? Anybody have experience using this program? I use OfficeMax.com quite a bit, so the 10% savings looks very appealing.

2. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK, the 'Open' program is for business card accounts, & you simply charge your purchase to that card & the discount/savings is credited to your a/c.

mapenn likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You need a card which is in their Open business program. The rebate/credit is applied directly to the bill, shortly after the transaction. It looks like this on the statement:
    Open.JPG

mapenn and IDGflygirl like this.
  4. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Office Max has changed their criteria a bit, however. First, it is not good at Brick & Mortar stores, but only by phone or online.You should also be aware of the minimum spend to get the max discount:
    Save on purchases of office supplies, ink and toner, furniture, technology products and more. Save 5% on purchases of $250 or less and 10% on purchases more than $250.

mapenn likes this.
  5. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks! I do have the Delta Gold Business, so I might 'kick the tires' using that card. It looks like I could still utilize the UR portal, assuming that they would reward the purchase with me using a non-chase card.

Thanks - you guys on this forum are always so fast and friendly! I look forward, as I learn more, to return the favor.

IDGflygirl likes this.