How do you like Social Media Inquiry lately?

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by lancexfang, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lancexfang
    Original Member

lancexfang Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used to like it a lot, so much that I use it whenever I can to avoid having to make the phone call. And the replies used to be prompt, concise and usually of great quality in terms of being to the point and demonstrating true customer care.

That has changed a little for me lately. It’s still super prompt. I have to give them that. However, recently it seems that it has become more scripted in tone and language. And I in multiple occasions had to remind them to re-read my message , as their response had nothing to do with the inquiry. Then after a couple of exchanges, I had to remind them again to read from the bottom of the exchange as the new person that’s responding didn’t have much of a clue what the conversation was about.

Then in the last inquiry, which was about the $50 cash back promotion from the last year end for open cards, they first said the 5% cash back had already been posted; then the $50 was calculated at 5% which meant one had to spend $1,000 to get this $50 back. In the end they posted the difference between $50 and the 5% I got initially – great, except that I felt the message was condescending: they did it only because they valued me as a customer (and I guess not because that’s what I deserved thru the promotion?)

Maybe it’s just the matters for which I had to write to them are usually complicated enough to begin with. Maybe I expect too much more than what I deserve. But my personal experience is the social media inquiry has slipped a little in quality these days. What’s your experience?

2. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems that they have additional (or regular) agents answering these questions. Recently, when I have had to send questions, I found out who was working that day (by using their Twitter feed) and then specifically addressed that person in the message. Worked 3 times.

3. lancexfang
    Original Member

lancexfang Silver Member

Status Points:
    The agents you found from Twitter, are they usually from the US?

4. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, based out of FL office, I believe.

5. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    what happened with FT lurkers?

hopefully some will show up here.

6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The Lurkers have not had formal agreement on that yet. However, I do expect that they will be here when the site officially goes "live".

7. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    i meant the amex forum ones - are they still around on FT?

8. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems it was the same group of folks as their Twitter team. Haven't see them much over there. Don't think they are here yet (quick, jump in if you are). Perhaps we could tweet them and invite them to check out MP.