How do I look at how many passenger are on the flight?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Beachgirl07, Mar 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Beachgirl07

Beachgirl07 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flying on Southwest and I want to see how full the plane is. The customer service agent told me only she can see this information.?? I want to know how many people it carries and how many tickets are
    sold. How do I do this? Also how do you check this for other airlines. :)

2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you already book? There is an identical Q&A on 'ehow.com' but it looks like you have to be booked to see.

Instructions
    1. Checking Your Flight Status
        Book your flight on Southwest Airlines to receive a flight number.

On the Southwest Airlines website, look and click on the link that says "Check Flight Status"
        Enter the information Southwest Airlines requires on the webpage: Departure City, Arrival City, Travel Date, and Flight Number.

Scroll down to the bottom of the webpage to find a section titled "Other Flight Information". The number of people on the flight will appear as well as the number of seats available.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a general rule airlines do not tell passengers how many seats are booked. Don't expect to get that information. The seat map may or may not be accurate for a variety of reasons. Booking through a 3rd party will often not assign a seat and sometimes seats are blocked from assignment until check-in opens.

As for how many people the plane carries, Southwest only operates the 737 though there are a few different versions in their fleet. They range in capacity from 122 to 175 seats.

This is no longer available on the site.

anileze likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe it's a DOT regulation that if you ask a carrier whether a flight is overbooked, they are required to give an honest answer, although they are not required to tell you a number.

6. galas

galas New Member

Status Points:
    No one (airline) will tell you ever how many passenger are booked, but if you have a ticket the best way is to check the self service sites and be ready once the flight is open, so you will be sure that even if the flight is overbooked you will get a nice seat.