How do I get new thread topics in a specific category emailed or FB to me everytime a new comes up?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Cheaplee, Sep 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Cheaplee

Cheaplee Member

Status Points:
    How do I get new thread topics in a specific category emailed or FB to me everytime a new topic comes up?

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I don't believe it is possible. You'd have to first subscribe to the forum section, (like the Newbies forum or the Airline Programs/Delta Skymiles forum), but we don't have a subscribe to forum section; and if we did have that feature then you'd get an email every time a post is made, not just every time a new thread is started.

You might be able to set up a Google Alert with milepoint.com and the forum section title, but one of two things would probably happen: either you'll get an alert for each new post, not for each new thread, or more likely you'll only get an occasional random alert (since the forum title isn't in the URL of the thread or the post).

You can "Watch Threads", and set it to give you an e-mail alert for each new post in the thread, but I think that is the only way it can be done at this time.

3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. Cheaplee

Cheaplee Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your help... If you ever wanted to entertain this idea, a good example are the FatWallet forums, where they allow you to be emailed every time a new topic comes up, and then you have the option of following within that thread if that is of interest. Thanks again for your help.

5. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can subscribe to a RSS feed of certain forums which would give you a notification whenever a new thread is created, but that doesn't answer what you do with the notification.

6. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the idea. I know that FT has RSS feeds.