How do I find partner confirmation codes for an award ticket?

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by riverchica, Feb 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have an award ticket x2 booked for March 2nd using CO miles on LH and SAA. I've printed my receipt from continental.com. But how can I find my ticket confirmation numbers directly from LH and SAA?
    I'm nervous because we have had a number of dramatic changes already made to the award ticket in the last couple of weeks and the merger is looming...
    Thanks, MPers!

Olton Hall likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could call CO and they should be able to tell you, though I think I have also seen it online on the reservation on continental's website.

3. AA_EXP09

AA_EXP09 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In all of my experiences the PNR locator should have been in the email.
    if you call them and the PNR status says 'HK' or 'WK' then it should be OK.

iolaire likes this.
  4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    You'd have to call them for the confirmation codes on partner airlines. Looked at my confirmation e-mail in my inbox for my upcoming trip and didn't see it as well as the reservation online.

5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    On my OZ award the ticket number was included on the email, which was what OZ needed for seat assignments.

6. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called and got PNR for both partner airlines on a recent award ticket. The LH system let me log in and pick seats; the TG system didn't.

7. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was hoping there was a way I didn't have to call. I'm working 80+ hours a week and spent much of my only day off last week trying to get through on the phone. Never succeeded. But thanks for the suggestions!

8. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    My LX award (booked through CO) emails only have the CO PNR, not the LX ones. On one that's both LX and UA, they have the UA one, though.

9. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I gave up trying to call CO and e-mailed them. They were able to e-mail me the LH codes (soooooo much more efficient than sitting on hold for-ev-uh) and then I called SAA with the codes. BTW, hold times on LH and SAA less than 2 minutes.

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can also just call the operating carrier to get the PNRs rather than the issuing carrier. With the flight numbers/dates or ticket numbers it shouldn't be a problem for the operating carrier to look it up for you.

desamo likes this.
  11. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my last couple of redemption CO only gives the PNR for other airlines by either calling (about 30 min on hold), or via e-mail (a superb respond time of about 14 days). It might be easier just calling the operating carrier - as other said, if you have the ticket number they should be able to find you easily.

With many of star PNRs you could actually select your seat via the Lufthansa web-site. It was quite useful to pick great seats on the now defunct Spanair (was able to chose exit row seats, and it actually stuck).

desamo likes this.
  12. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is what I always do. During the same call, I ask the agent to look at my reservation and ticket very carefully to confirm that the ticket has been issued correctly and is good to go. If there is a problem, it's better to discover it as early as possible, not when you try OLCI or at the airport. I also find it reassuring to be able to enter my confirmation code to see and print the itinerary for myself from the operating carrier's website.

MDDCFlyer and desamo like this.
  13. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1