How Dilbertian will BD become under BA management? The new Dil-Borg?

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by redtailshark, Dec 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    BA has a notorious and well-deserved history of corporate Dilbertism with its own product i.e. sticking its head into the sand and wilfully ignoring its customer base while pandering to the insular and supercilious ideologies of its own management. The Colonel Blimp characters at the top - one of whom, I met on occasion - set the "tone" for this infamously Dilbertian organization and it wasn't long before the Nigels and Nigellas spent all their time seminarizing one another inside Waterworld about "Value Added Customer Service" while their pax were being bumped from confirmed itins at LHR after BA's own mx delay and then being left to fend for themselves - including overnighting in the hideous vicinity of LHR at their own cost. Among many other things.

Not for nothing did BA own one of the worst customer service reputations in the airline world.

No doubt the Nigels and Nigellas owned shares in Uncle Ahmed's taxi cabal that charges 20 GBP for a four minute cab ride from the Edwardian to LHR T1.

Anyway, after more than a decade of intrasigence and condescension that would bring discredit even on a UK politician, BA's system and product did improve slightly of late. Although at the cost of devaluation of BA EC via the Avios scheme.

The real question now is what will become of BD under BA management? Can the more appealing somewhat can-do BD character survive this absorption by the Dil-Borg? The omens aren't good. The superlative redtail CS was quashed by the DL borg, primarily by removing the autonomy of Elite line CSRs and preventing them from using their skills and desire to help customers. They are unable to overcome the many obstacles presented to good service inside of DL, such as the requirement for multiple transfers to supervisors and reissue desks to complete a simple reticketing triggered by their own schedule change.

Looking ahead, I expect the Dil-Borg to wreak similar havoc on the BD product and service. BD service which I have always found helpful and of good quality [caveat: I was never a DM member and so have never dealt with the ICC for reward redemptions - although at least the ICC ignorance could be parlayed into better deals than published].

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    My opinion:

1. IF, and its still an IF, BD succumbs to IAG, BD will not exist......it will be morphed into BA and no BD legacy will remain.

2. Dark Horse Virgin Atlantic will snatch victory from the jaws of IAG.

3. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let me guess: BD will stop haemmorhaging money like a profligate Greek government.

Gosh, if it soaks up some BA characteristics, it might even start making a profit!

4. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your prediction for the 2012 Grand National?

Globaliser and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    A boy can have a dream can't he??

6. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    It'll be a flippin' nightmare if beardy gets his hands on bmi.

Globaliser likes this.