How delta determines domestic first class meals

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by riceoven, Oct 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've always hated how stingy delta is with first class meals. you have to have a flight of 900 miles more more and within "meal times". My connection from BDL-ATL that I always take misses the distance by like 40 miles :( So this morning, when I didn't make the upgrade for my ~700 mile flight from LGA to ATL, I didn't feel that bad. However, I am sitting right behind first class right now, watching them getting served lunch with cake dessert... Is new york flights getting special treatment, or are they going by flight time of over 2 hours in this case?

reference:
    https://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/inflight_services/first_class/dining.jsp

Jett Rink likes this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the NYC-ATL flights it's a "snack" usually comprising of a sandwich or salad, although I'd consider it a meal. Not sure why there's the difference...but I had tasty chicken skewers two weeks ago. :)

3. mersk862
    Original Member

mersk862 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Select NYC routes under 900 miles (EWR-ATL, LGA-ATL, JFK-ATL, LGA-ORD spring to mind) all get meals up front at meal times.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a very general rule, meals are more generous on routes that are business oriented or highly competitive with another legacy carrier that offers meal service on similar flights.

The Boat likes this.
  5. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    Like how UA offers meals on a whole lot of flights--including EWR-ORD and ORD-IAH.

6. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    NYC flights have had meals almost since they brought them back. What is usually called a "snack" is the same meal I would get on the ATL - ELP flight.