How can I upgrade from premium voyageur to affaires on AF?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by chaz4449, Jan 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. chaz4449

chaz4449 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello all,

I have a business trip planned in a few months going from MSP-ORD-CDG and back. I booked this on Delta's site using Delta for the MSP-ORD leg in F and ORD-CDG on AF (Delta flight #) in premium voyageur. I do not have status with DL or AF, but I will have around 100K Skymiles around that time. How/when could/should I go about upgrading to affaires?

Thanks!

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Here is the upgrade information from the Delta web:

Delta Mileage Upgrade Awards

You can use your miles for a one-class upgrade on most Delta operated flights. Mileage upgrade awards do not apply on all fares. To view the miles needed, see Delta Upgrade Awards.
    SkyMiles members can also use miles to upgrade to Business class when flying on a full fare economy class (Y) ticket on many of our SkyTeam member airlines. In addition, as a result of our enhanced relationship with KLM and Air France, SkyTeam mileage upgrades can now be used on the following KLM and Air France booking classes. On KLM operated flights: Upgrade from economy Y, B, M, and U classes to Business class. On Air France operated flight: Economy Y, B, and M class to Premium Voyageur class only on Transatlantic flights. Premium Voyageur W and S class to Business class only on transatlantic flights, except for 747 aircraft equipped flights. Upgrade request has to be done 24 hours before the departure for Air France and KLM operated flights. You will need to contact a Delta reservations agent by phone for more details and to process this upgrade request.

Bottom line is that I would contact Delta reservations ASAP to see about processing the upgrade request (assuming you are on a qualifying flight).

Counsellor and Gargoyle like this.
  3. chaz4449

chaz4449 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Called Delta and got the upgrade. Thanks for your help!

Counsellor, deant and Gargoyle like this.