How Are You Spending Your 4th of July?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    A very US-centric post but then more than 90% of my readers visit this site from the U.S.

• Are you traveling this Fourth of July weekend? Does the weekend carry any special significance for you?

I’m home, and fortunate in the DC area to have impressive fireworks to watch and more importantly a rooftop on my building that has a straight shot out to the fireworks. We’ll have friends over for the evening, as we did last year.

I love three day weekends. I don’t always like to travel on three day weekends. Everyone else is traveling, and leisure fares go up. But it’s a nice respite — if only to catch up on work because the demands from everyone else subside.

I’m not sure how many of us actually connect to the underlying meaning and history of the holidays, though?

We know how Southwest Airlines is celebrating. Others have a secret recipe for making s’mores.

I like Armistice Day better than its replacement Veterans Day, the former was a celebration of the end of war. I’m partial to the fun and symbolism of Guy Fawkes Day.

Whether you’re just enjoying the weekend, or celebrating the first severing of ties between the U.S. and U.K., I hope it treats you well!

• [​IMG]

The post How Are You Spending Your 4th of July? appeared first on View from the Wing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Comments

Related Stories

The post How Are You Spending Your 4th of July? appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...