How am I Gold Elite?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by samonyc, Mar 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    At the risk of looking a gift horse in the mouth, I can't help wondering how my HHonors status is Gold Elite. Last year I stayed a total of 4 nights at Hilton properties (3 in Hiltons, 1 in a Hampton) and came nowhere near the 60,000 point threshold. Is Gold Elite status a benefit of some other program? I'm a Delta Gold Medallion and have Delta Platinum AmEx.

Elite status is an annual qualification at Hilton, right?

2. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    HHonors American Express Credit Card, where there was $20,000 charged to it, perhaps?

3. volsfan

volsfan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have also been put into the gold category, and I have had a Hilton HHonors Amex card for years, but never approaching $20,000, and never approaching the number of nights stay--but thankful for the upgrade anyway!

4. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here, but I'm still Silver. Well....I only stayed once last year so maybe that has something to do with it.

Are you seeing this in your account or is this the time of year they begin sending out new cards? I don't remember if it's now or in April.

5. mrsmortis
    Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got one years Hilton Gold when I first got my platinum amex. Could that be it?

6. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't have a Hilton credit card, and my AmEx is only a Delta Platinum, which doesn't include as many benefits as a regular AmEx Platinum (and is $250 cheaper per year). But I'll enjoy my HHonors Gold Elite status while it lasts.

7. it'ship2b^2
    Original Member

it'ship2b^2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you sign up for the MVP Challenge? If so, you would have earned Gold in as few as four separate stays.

WanderLuster likes this.
  8. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never done anything intentional to gain status at Hilton. I think my status is an accident.

9. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well Hilton did give me Gold last year since I was Gold on Alaska- guess they figure I traveled quite a bit- so why not get some of my biz. It worked a bit, but don't think I was able to requalify.