How about a e-mail survey of S*#@Miles?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Ryan Bingham, Sep 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Ryan Bingham
    Original Member

Ryan Bingham Silver Member

Status Points:
    I seemingly get an e-mail from Delta after every trip end requesting I answer a survey on my in-flight or airport experience. I don't mind answering the surveys...

Can Delta just for once send out a survey on its frequent flier program? Boy I'd love to answer that one. I wonder if it's because they already know the responses they're going to get. Maybe they do FF program surveys and I just don't get them.

It would seem odd for an airline so concerned with my in-flight experience that it could care less what my experiences are with S@!$Miles. Or maybe not.

CrankyScott and BamaGirl like this.
  2. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a theory that DL would really rather have the FF program go away - but they need it to show that they're "competitive" with other airlines, and they want it as long as it's a profit center. The more miles they sell to outside entities, the more cash for the airline. And the less they have to give you, the more cash for the airline.

Really doesn't matter what you think as long as they make money.

viguera, LETTERBOY and stan like this.
  3. I'm getting tired of the emails...

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't see it as odd at all. If you're still buying the tickets then obviously the program isn't bad enough to drive you away.

5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not related to your post. However, I find your signature to be hilarious since you don't have status with AA which doesn't make sense with your username. :p

rwoman likes this.
  6. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    If folks are buying tickets anyway, in DL's mind there is no need for a program.

7. Traveller
    Original Member

Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why do I get the email survey after good flights but when the crap hits the fan, I don't get the email survey? :confused:

8. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here.

9. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it's the same as quite a few other people out there though, myself included. For *some* trips, it just doesn't make sense to pay a premium to fly with someone else, and depending on when/where you're going (or where you're flying out of) DL sometimes is cheaper -- and sometimes significantly cheaper -- than the alternatives.

Doesn't mean the program is any good... :)

10. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    One of my friends (no status) gets a survey from DL after almost every flight...I, even as a DM, get none.

That said, I use the online comment/complaint mechanism to submit feedback (positive or negative) to DL after flights where I've had excellent or subpar service. I make an effort to take note of names and the actions that stood out from said individuals.

11. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about enticing me to actually complete the survey...put up some small number of Skymiles and don't just hope I'm going to do it.

12. Ryan Bingham
    Original Member

Ryan Bingham Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do the same. I really make an effort to get names & bases and so forth if I have a great flight. Feel like it's only fair.