Houston Energy Corridor - help please

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by Gaucho, Jun 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello Folks... Im heading up to Houston for one night, will be there the evening of 6/22 (Wednesday). I normally stay in the Galleria area... but its the first time I go to Houston in June and I guess its rather busy season as the places I usually stay at like the Courtyard Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn both want more than $150 a night.

It appears that some better deals are to be had in the Energy Corridor area.... never stayed there, can someone comment on the general area and if you have experience at a specific property, please comment.

Im looking for a no-frills, clean place to stay, with parking for my rental car. I will have meetings in the area of 919 Millam but will be shopping in the Galleria area.... I dont mind driving unless its a 90 minute commute. It is unrealistic for me to want to pay $100 a night for something comparable to Courtyard during June...?

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide....

Cheers,
    Gaucho

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Specifically in the Energy Corridor there is a brand new full service Marriott that is quite nice.

5. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    The FS Marriott in energy corridor is nice as stated - but not close to anything except the energy corridor. If you have to be downtown any time before mid-morning you will be sitting in rush hour traffic. I would second the suggestion of the Magnolia Hotel downtown