Hour-plus email notification delays with Google Apps domain

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by ThatJohn, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am I the only one experiencing email notification delays of an hour or more with a Google Apps domain? Is there a way around it? Will it help if I use regular Gmail instead?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you are not the only one. I posted (somewhere) an email header showing the messages tooling around in the MilePoint servers for a couple hours before being relayed to the gmail servers. I think it is a more general problem with the MP site than any specific recipient domain.

ThatJohn likes this.
  3. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...I feel somewhat odd for liking your reply...but thank you! Good to know it's not just me, and fingers crossed that the mailserver problem gets sorted out.

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not only with MP. I find a number of times that Gmail can be pretty slow to receive messages.

5. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's not my experience at all. Notifications from multiple other services often arrive faster than the services' websites display a notification online.

6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am speaking about when the message appears on my Blackberry- so it could also be their service creating a delay with Gmail.