Hotels near IAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by adrianors, Dec 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, Ill arrive at 12:10AM from an International flight at IAD and then fly domestic at 8:05.. I was wondering if I should just rest at the airport or take a shuttle to a hotel.. the Marriott seems to be the closest to the airport but I wont pay 200 bucks for 5h of sleep. There is a Garden Inn for $89 but it seems it will take 20 minutes to get there from the airport.. not a good option.. any other options with a 24/7 shuttle? Im flying first so no problems with TSA lines at the airport.
    I'm looking for rates on Jan 9th.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I formerly stayed at a crew hotel near IAD... the Hyatt Place. Shows $101 for a 9th arrival and 10th departure. It's probably a 10-15 minute drive and I think the shuttle is demand based, but you'd want to call to be sure on that. Not necessarily a great idea but an option if you want it. :)

adrianors, iolaire and boondr like this.
  3. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if is the same one, because there are a few HP in the vicinity but the Hyatt Place Herndon/Dulles-East is my go to for when I have late arrivals/early departures. About 5 minutes from the terminal, you may need a taxi for the arrival though as the shuttle may not run that late. $98 Pre-Paid/or AAA rate or 5k HGP points( my usual method).

adrianors, Newscience and iolaire like this.
  4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Probably a better bet. The IAD layovers were very seldom short... usually red-eye to pink-eye or vice versa, so time wasn't an issue when I stayed at the HP in Sterling. :)

adrianors and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. cjl425

cjl425 Active Member

Status Points:
    I used to live right next to IAD. Obviously, there is the Marriott at the airport.

I would say there are probably 10+ hotels from any company within a two-three exit taxi drive (roughly 3-10 miles) from IAD. From the top of my head there are the following: Candlewood Suites, Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hilton, Homewood Suites, another Marriott off site of the airport, Embassy Suites...

Again those are just the ones I remember. I know physical locations of others but I don't remember which brand.

I know the majority of these hotels have shuttles but I don't know if they run that late. Your best/fastest option is probably a taxi it wont be a giant fare because all of these hotels are probably within a 5 mile radius.