Hotels in Rome, Italy

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Efilon87, Aug 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My parents 30th anniversary is coming up next year. Planning to put them on a Western Mediterranean cruise departing from Rome. My parents have never been out of the country and my mom has been saying how much she wants to go to Rome. The plan is this fly them out using my United/CSP points (dont have enough for business/first) a few days before their cruise that way they can explore the city. I have been to Rome a few times so I know the city pretty well, what I dont know is hotels. When I go I usually stay in hostels.

Now here is my question, Ive done my search for hotels in Rome, but those of you that have stayed in hotels in Rome, which would you recommend for an anniversary couple?

Thanks!!

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    You need:
    Villa Spalletti Trivelli

http://www.villaspalletti.it/

Located in a quiet location, yet walking distance to many Rome landmarks.
    It can be expensive, but many things are included like WiFi and a free mini bar.
    I believe there are only 12 rooms in the hotel so you may need to book early.

[​IMG]

NickM_LA and uggboy like this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    By far the most "romantic" hotel in the city of Rome is the Cavalieri although not easily walkable
    tothe turist sites mainly because its on a hill. Has regular hourly shuttle service to Pz Barbarini
    If you have Hilton points you might be able to rdeem an award.

http://www.romecavalieri.com/
    Great view of the city and the Vatican has the signature restaurant La Pergola which is the only Michellin 3* restaurant in Italy.

NickM_LA likes this.
  4. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!! I guess Im going to need to save up more money...Question, is it favorable to book with points + money for Hilton? For the Cavalieri its 50K per night or 25K + $189 per night.

5. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, this is a beautiful property! About the same price as the St. Regis. If only I had that money to spend on a hotel, I would book it in a heartbeat.

6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rewards are sometimes hard to get depending on season if you know you dates already and have some HH points i would go ahead and book the points + money at least you can change it later.