Hotels in Hong Kong Are Open But Cautious as Protests Continue

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Sep 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hotels in Hong Kong Are Open But Cautious as Protests Continue

2. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depending on where you are in hong kong there could be an issue with the hotel and the demonstrations. I just hope that the demonstrations remain peaceful.

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the moment the protests are concentrated around Central and Admiralty. Yes, I hope they remain peaceful and democracy shall prevail, that's something China has promised and I hope they will keep to their word.

Newscience and viguera like this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    From what I understand they weren't all that peaceful. Our office in the area is in crisis mode and the situation is considered as "denial of access"

I believe @marcwint55 had quite the adventure getting into the Conrad out there.

marcwint55, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  5. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    HK is certainly not anything like Thailand

after living there for several years, I applaud any sort of political action or protest that does not involve the typical daily life of shopping, eating Cantonese food or chasing some business deal :eek:

uggboy likes this.
  6. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have award travel booked in late November for Hong Kong (and staying at the MO). Keeping a watchful eye.

And here I thought Bangkok was going to be the problem city on the itinerary.

uggboy likes this.
  7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Other than a little inconvenience, we had no real problems in Hong Kong. i actually joined the protesters for a bit as I sympathize with their cause. They were all quite pleasant and the police had greatly over-reacted earlier when using tear gas. The protests with quite peaceful and the police eventually backed off.

MX likes this.