Hotels Hire Animals to Greet Guests

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/2290/20120714/hotels-hire-animals-greet-guests.htm

Recently, we learned that animals like monkeys and potbellied pigs -- even miniature horses! -- would be appropriate flying companions for those who needed assistance on a plane. They are considered service animals. We also told you about Boo, the new spokesperson …er, spokesdog, for Virgin America. He will act as the Official Pet Liaison for the airline, meaning that he'll let customers know information about pet-friendly travel. Now, Conde Nast Traveler reports that hotels are using animals, too. They will be put in the role of "Greeter."

The animals -- whether they're dogs, cats, or birds -- are making the lobbies of many high end hotels friendlier and more comfortable. In fact, Jennifer Wood writes that these particular employees have the "ability to change the ambiance of an entire establishment with a single tail wag."
    The trend is taking off in all different locations, from New York to Los Angeles to St. Barts.

Read More: http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/2290/20120714/hotels-hire-animals-greet-guests.htm

milchap likes this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Westin Westminster, Colorado, has a chocolate lab named Westy who is often at the front desk. Guests can take Westy for a walk, and the hotel sells chocolate lab stuffed animals.
    [​IMG]

sobore likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    As nuts as it may seem, I kinda like it!

4. Sedosi

Sedosi Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife would never leave the lobby, and I'd be on the hook for buying a stuffed animal. Great marketing idea.

SC Flier likes this.