Hotels convenient to CMB

Discussion in 'Airports' started by LarryInNYC, Jun 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looking for recommendations of decent, inexpensive hotels or guesthouses convenient for a late night arrival at CMB. Would like to pay not more than $40 per double. Thinking of heading to someplace in Negombo. Any suggestions much appreciated.

2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think you'll find anything at that price. Good luck! Be aware that the roads anywhere outside of Colombo are VERY bad. I had a forced overnight b/c airline problem and the taxi that picked me up to return to the airport probably went 5 miles an hour (in the early morning dark) b/c the road was not lit and there were multiple holes all over - just fyi.

3. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seem to be quite a few on Agoda in Negombo around $30 for a double -- some with quite good reviews. Looking for any personal knowledge I can get. May I ask where you stayed?

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, it was a few years ago and I was taken to the hotel in the dark and left in the dark :( I don't know the name of the hotel (which was on the water) but I'm sure it wasn't below around US $100. Basically my flight was cancelled and the airline arranged everything. It certainly wasn't a guesthouse tho. Apologize for not being able to be more helpful