Hotels.com: Free Night with Proof of 3 Individual Stays

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by Kalboz, Aug 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    As reported by the BRG Blog:

Hotels.com Five Star membership. Free upgrade and free night. Proof of 3 stays needed

1. follow "register" link and sign up; obtain Fivestar membership
    2. demonstrate/prove you had 3 stays (or 5 nights) in any hotel(s) NOT booked through hotels.com
    3. book 1 night through hotels.com
    4. use your code to book a FREE night of equal or lesser value than the one you booked for step 3 (this is the "deal")

Register: http://www.keycardcollectors.com/howItWorks.html
    Description: http://www.hotels.com/deals/fivestar_terms/
    Register, prove you stayed in 3 different hotels (or for 5 nights) since 1/1/11 and you get 10 free "nights" to earn one free "night." After that you should get a free night and free upgrade.
    You can prove by email (wrpromo@hotels.com), mail or fax.

2. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Open to new WelcomeRewards members or members without any program bookings...which means it's not for me. :(

Kalboz likes this.
  3. slice19
    Original Member

slice19 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it possible that this is only open to US users? I clicked the link and got a message conveying appologies that the offer I clicked on is not avaliable (mesage was in German as is my IP address). Sounds like a nice offer though.

joesmoe and Kalboz like this.
  4. SFOCanuck
    Original Member

SFOCanuck Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I signed up.

Does anyone know what the real benefits for "Fivestar" members are? As far as I can tell, there's a special phone number and email address for customer service, which I hopefully will never need. Is the "Premium Price Match Guarantee" and "Hassle-free travel guarantee" of any use? Or is it just meaningless marketing speak?

5. WormHole
    Original Member

WormHole Silver Member

Status Points:
    I jumped through the hoops and got the magic BOGO code. Hotelsdotcom price for my date/location was 20% higher than the hotel's site. Didn't have the energy to fight for the BOGO and PM. (Thanks Cartera for pushing my cynicism to the max). Booked directly with the property.