Hotelopedia? Is anyone familiar with this booking service?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by SDFlyer, Dec 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SDFlyer

SDFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Sorry if this is on the wrong thread......move where you see fit. I and family are going to Spring Break in Antigua this March and looking for a room. Hotelopia seems to have better rates than Expedia or Travelocity at the same hotels. Is anyone familiar with using them. Is there some thing I am over looking? If anyone has any suggestions of where to stay that would be great as well. I have been unable to find any hotel affiliations on the island. Also, searching hotelopedia on the forums did not find any results.........thanks for your help!

http://hotels.hotelopia.com/hotel-grand-sirenis-riviera-maya_riviera-maya.html
    Edit.....

SC Flier likes this.
  2. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hotelopia has been around for awhile & while i've never used that site to book a hotel, it has come in quite handy as the source for lower rates when submitting BRG claims on major hotel brand websites.

FYI, for this trip the best bet for using their rates to score a BRG is with SPG.

Marriott LNF won't work because hotelopia is a "voucher" site and Antigua is outside the US.

Hyatt BRG is not possible because hotelopia rates include taxes.

and for all intents & purposes, IHG & Hilton's BRG programs, just don't work at all....

Good luck!

SDFlyer and SC Flier like this.
  3. joelfreak
    Original Member

joelfreak Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have BRG'ed off of it, but never actually booked it...

SDFlyer likes this.
  4. SDFlyer

SDFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies, good to know they can be used for BRG's. The hotel I am looking at is $50 a night less than other hotel booking sites. I was just afraid there was a catch some where. That seems like a big difference to me.