Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by TRAVELSIG, May 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently completed a stay here- this is one of the older Luxury hotels in Munich, and certainly Kempinski relates to it as one of their flagship properties.

Location is perfect for the centre of Munich- public transport is nearby and also in walking distance of key tourism sights. Access by car is also easy- and the valet is extremely quick (less than 5 minutes) to get the car whener you want it.

Checkin was great- the staff were very welcoming- was upgraded to a junior suite on the top floor which seemed to recently rennovated with the exception of the TV (still old CRT)- the suite was large, and a very large walkin closet- plus a huge bathroom with separate tub, shower, 2 basin sink. Wired and Wireless internet are free in all rooms and public areas.

Breakfast was hiqh quality- the only point on the service was that a few of the employees speak very little english- not a problem if you have a few words of German handy- I found it strange however for this to be the case. Free range eggs cooked to order were excellent. Buffet also extensive.

Interactions with the staff were flawless- a very small point, but the shoe shine is one of the best jobs I have ever seen at a hotel- someone is taking time to pay attention to detail.

Late checkout requested and no problem at all. I didnt have time to use the spa- but it looked nice and seemed to be busy.

I will return to this hotel- I have stayed here previously and the only point of attention is that the standard rooms are too small- book at least a deluxe and you will be fine here. Classy hotel with a great location.

SQ LPP and uggboy like this.
  2. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    But definitely NOT a luxury hotel. This is a convention hotel, the one time I stayed here it was filled with a Parma Ham trade show. There are only two luxury hotels in Munich: the Mandarin Oriental and the Charles; I currently lean towards the Charles. Public transit access is good for both.

uggboy likes this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the Charles as well. It is a great hotel. Excellent staff and service.Great Suites. The price point can be quite different than the Kempinski however (price differential of 250/300 EUR per night for same room class) and the Kempi location is a little bit nicer (there is a class about the Kempinski which is very nice). I don't like the MO so much- also IIRC they charge >25 EUR per day for Internet- quite standard for many European hotels- however to me a blatant rip-off (I know- if you justify the room rate...- however I don't like being nickel and dimed if there are other options).

RichardInSF and uggboy like this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Convention hotel is a little bit harsh. I think of the Hilton/LeMeridien/Westin/etc as the convention hotels. You are right that the Charles is a step up- although not in location.

uggboy likes this.