HOTEL TONIGHT POINT EXPERIENCE

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by mo26, Sep 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone have any idea if you get your stays/points credited using this app?

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I probably should have mentioned that i saw the same post and that prompted the question, sorry.

I'm wondering if her experience was the exception and not the rule.

Thanks All!

4. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    DELETED DUPLICATE

5. aaucello

aaucello Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys, a lot of people have asked me this question since posting my original blog post about HT in January, so I went ahead and contacted them back in Jan. Here's the response I received from the HT support team:
    Hi Angelina,
    Thanks for contacting HotelTonight Support and thanks for downloading our app! Hotel rooms booked through our app currently do not earn points in hotel loyalty programs. However, feel free to contact us beforehand and we will be happy to contact the property and see if they will honor the specific loyalty program. Currently the new customer promo code does not have an expiration date, however it’s always better to use it sooner rather than later. When you refer friends and family through the invite tab in the app, they will receive a new customer credit of $25. When they book and spend at least $25 in cash (see FAQ for details) you will receive $25 in credit. All this information and more can be found in the FAQ tab in the app. Please contact HotelTonight Support, 24/7 if you have any more questions, concerns or even a great travel story!
    Best,
    Leah
    HotelTonight Support
    800-208-2949
    Rather than contacting them after making my booking at an SPG property, I called the hotel itself and they attached my SPG number to the reservation and the stay/points were credited. Others have reported similar successes (such as Marriott Megabonus promotion credit through HT bookings, etc). Check with the individual property though - YMMV :)

pcarol, FrugalAsianMan and edekba like this.
  6. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated!

7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    This must be a recent change because I had a few stays with SPG using Hotel Tonight and never received any stay credit, even after adding my # to the reservation -- which got me credit for incidentals.

This (and the sometimes lackluster choice of chain hotels) is the only reason I stopped using Hotel Tonight.